4 Days Wellness & Wine in Queenstown
Day 1 | Arrive & sip champagne on the shore of Lake Hayes
Arrive at Lake Hayes Escape to champagne and canapes and enjoy the seamless mountain vistas within cork popping distance of Lake Hayes. Sit down to a three-course chef-prepared meal that evening with John from Artisan - one of our favourite chefs in the region.
Our Escape at Lake Hayes
Just 15 minutes from Queenstown International Airport and 20 minutes from central Queenstown, Lake Hayes Escape could not be better positioned for a short break from anywhere, whether it be domestic or international. We sort all your transfers so that you can maximise your time away. You don't have to lift a finger... so you can raise a glass instead.
Escape the ordinary and really catch up
Unlike a hotel stay a private villa will let you escape and really catch up with family and friends in the privacy of a true home from home. Dress up for dinner...or enjoy dinner in your bathrobe. The choice is yours!
Here you've got the space to relax. Sink into the king-size beds, ready to wake up to lakeside views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
Day 2 | Yoga, Wine Tasting and Amazing Amisfield
Roll out of bed, breathe in the mountain air and the smell of fresh coffee. Leave the real world behind you as you stretch and de-stress with a private yoga session overlooking the lake. When you feel like you’ve earnt it, dig into deliciously healthy breakfast provisions.
A truly exclusive cellar door experience
When the sun passes the yardarm head over to Mount Edward Organic Cellar Door – by private appointment only – for your exclusive Touch of Spice wine experience. Peer into wine barrels, squeeze handfuls of grapes and taste the wine as it changes over time – an experience not to be missed.
Dig into a degustation with a difference
Let the afternoon melt into evening with an hour or two of relaxation at the villa. For your first evening out wonder down the road to Amisfield Winery & Bistro (just a stone’s throw from your front door) where the Executive Chef Vaughan Mabee will wow you with his 7-course degustation dinner. He is passionate about sourcing the finest ingredients of the season, foraging from the land and using local suppliers.
Day 3 | Exploring Arrowtown, Art and Aosta
Start the day with some fresh air and head down to the Lake Hayes walking track that surrounds the picture-perfect lake making up your backyard view. Enjoy breakfast at home or stop on the way back for a well-earned coffee and brunch at Akarua Kitchen.
Indulge your inner culture vulture
Nearby Arrowtown offers culture in droves. Enjoy a private art tour and meet local artists Thomas Brown and Grahame Brinsley, before heading into a private screening at Dorothy Browns cinema, bookshop and bar.
Northern Italy meets local New Zealand produce
When you’re all full of culture it’s time to turn your attention to Arrowtown’s award winning dining scene. Newly opened Aosta - aptly named after the alpine valley in northern Italy that mirrors our regions position on the 45th Parallel in the Northern Hemisphere – offers food inspired by the cooking techniques of Northern Italy paired with local growers, breeders and suppliers from the region.
Day 4 | Wake up to one final morning of Lake Views
After a relaxed morning it’s time to embark on the journey home, or your next adventure. Why not combine this Short Break with another in Wanaka or even the North Island? Check out more of our Short Breaks here.
Short Breaks by Touch of Spice
Touch of Spice short breaks are a unique way to reconnect with loved ones and create memories that will last for years to come. Whether it be a special occasion or simply a long weekend away, short breaks don't come in cooler (or more exclusive) packages than our getaways.
Talk to a Travel Designer for a free consultation
Talk to one of our awesome Travel Designers or share this with a friend and start planning your next getaway today. Click below to drop us a line.
Spice Up Your Break
Not enough spice? Spice up your break with a helicopter up for a picnic on a peak – the ultimate indulgence! Spend the day with your friends and family getting out of this world, guided by your pilot from Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters.
Sail from a snow landing down to a beach
If a picnic is a bit tame, shoot up to a glacial lake before descending down to a secluded beach, only accessible by helicopter. Stop at the private and exclusive Greenstone Valley for a spot of lunch before returning back down to Queenstown.
Got a birthday or special occasion?
Why not surprise someone you are travelling with a special day in the air? We're great at keeping secrets as long as you are!
Wellness & Wine Break Accommodation Options
Alpine Retreat - Sleeps 10
From $655 NZD pp/night based on 3 nights
Price for 3 nights - From $1964 NZD pp
Based on 6 sharing
Kumanu - Sleeps 8
From $830 NZD pp/night based on 3 nights
Price for 3 nights - From $2489 NZD pp
Based on 6 sharing
Lake Hayes Escape - Sleeps 8
From $1505 NZD pp/night based on 3 nights
Price for 3 nights - From $4514 NZD pp
Based on 6 sharing
- Your own personal Travel Designer to plan all aspects of your stay.
- Accommodation for up to 6 people at Alpine Retreat, Kumanu or Lake Hayes Escape.
- Transfers to and from the airport and taxi transfers for stated activities.
- Private chef cooked dinner on the night of arrival (food and drinks included) with chef from Artisan Catering.
- Healthy breakfast provisions.
- 1 hour session with a private yoga instructor.
- Private cellar door and organic winery tour of Mount Edward Winery.
- 7-course Degastation dinner at Amisfield with paired wines (additional drinks and wine will be separate).
- Dinner at Aosta (includes Set Menu with food only but talk to your Travel Designer about including wine if you wish).
- Brunch at Akarua Kitchen is an optional extra and so not included in the pricing.
- Private cinema screening and art tour in Arrowtown.
- Art Tour for 2-3 hours meeting local artists.
Easier than a hotel stay and you don't have to lift a finger!
Prices start at $655 NZD per person per night depending on your choice of accommodation (shown above).
The (not so) small print
- Other villa options are also available in conjunction with this package.
- Talk to a Travel Designer to find other options near Lake Hayes.
- Prices are based on 6 people sharing.
- All elements of this package are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- These prices exclude the 'Spice up your stay' option (Contact us for a POA).
- Prices exclude alcoholic drinks apart from where specified in the inclusions.
- Prices will vary depending on the time of year that you travel.