They say a picture says 1,000 words but in New Zealand, it usually brings one to mind – WOW! Oozing natural beauty, adventure and delicious food and wine, New Zealand is a photographer’s playground. Whether you’re a landscape pro, travel blogger, Instagram foodie or looking to bulk out the family album - you could have all the gear or no idea, New Zealand naturally puts on a show you can’t help but snap up.
And what’s the best part? Capturing it of course. From soaring peaks and glassy lakes to active volcanoes, wildlife, tropical bays and unforgettable starry nights, you really do have to experience it to share it. So we thought we’d do something a little different in this weeks Discover New Zealand Series – we’ve already covered The North Island, The South, A Foodies Guide to Queenstown and our Favourite Winter Experiences, this week we’re going to show you the places to go, the things to experience and the foods to taste to get that ultimate shot! It’s about experiencing the best and capturing memories that really do last a lifetime.
1. Sleep in a Glass Pod at the foot of the Ahuriri Valley at The Lindis for an unimaginable starry night. Sink into the private hot tub and leave the time lapse to work its magic.
2. Soar to a glacier peak and trek through the glassy ice tunnels with mountain top views that will leave you speechless – an adventurous landscape lovers dream.
3. One for the food bloggers – indulge in a delicious degustation dinner at Amisfield Bistro and Winery. A taste sensation that will leave your followers craving for more and trying it for themselves.
4. Station to station bike tour in Queenstown. Queenstown is renowned amongst travelers for a reason – no matter what way you look, whether you’re hiking or biking, you’ll realise every trip takes twice as long when the camera comes out.
5. Dive into the depths of the world at Lost World in Taupo for a shot of drama.
6. Go above and beyond with Over The Top Golf knocking biodegradable golf balls into the dramatic backdrop of Queenstown.